HDSPe MADI - MADI PCI Express Card
128-Channel, 192 kHz, MADI PCI Express Card
The HDSPe MADI is RME's both inexpensive and outstanding PCI Express card with MADI interface. HDSPe MADI is based on the award-winning HDSP MADI card, and represents the new top model of this world-wide successful card line.
The PCI Express card consequently uses all advantages of the MADI format, the professionals' multi-Channel audio interface, offering 64 channels of 24-bit audio at a sample rate of up to 48 kHz, 32 channels at up to 96 kHz and 16 channels at up to 192 kHz. Transmission is done via a single line, either coaxial with BNC plugs or by fiber cable. In both cases more than 100 m cable length can be achieved.
HDSPe MADI is fully compatible to all devices with MADI interface. In combination with the ADI-648 an 8 x ADAT optical PC interface is realized, unbeatable in price and performance. With the ADI-6432 a bidirectional AES/EBU frontend with 64 channels is available.
On a powerful PC/Mac three HDSPe MADI can be used in a combination, providing 192 inputs and 192 outputs on a single workstation simultaneously.
HDSPe MADI offers full support for 56 and 64 channel modes and double and single wire technology (96k frame) for 96 kHz. Full 64 channel support can also be found in the hardware mixer TotalMix FX. All 64 inputs and 64 playback channels can be routed and mixed to 64 physical outputs completely freely, which translates to a 8192 channel mixer. With that, HDSPe MADI offers the most powerful router/mixer ever implemented on a PCI card, and allows much more than a usage as pure computer I/O unit:
• MADI optical patchbay and router
• MADI coaxial/optical or vice versa converter and splitter
• MADI redistributor, patchbay and router
• TotalMix can be completely remote controlled via MIDI. Furthermore, the hardware delivers RMS and peak level meters for full control over 192 audio channels at minimal CPU load.
While most MADI-based devices require an additional word clock or AES line, the Hammerfall DSP MADI (like the ADI-648) uses SteadyClock(TM) to extract the reference clock at lowest jitter directly from the MADI signal, making long-distance connections even more convenient. As usual with RME, HDSPe MADI offers further sensible features. For instance an analog 24-bit/96 kHz line/headphone output with 116 dB dynamic range for direct control of all input and output signals.
The included expansion board carries word clock I/O (BNC) and MIDI I/O. The word clock input is galvanically isolated via transformer and operates on both single and double speed signals automatically. MIDI I/O offers two completely independent MIDI inputs and outputs via breakout cable (4 DIN sockets). A virtual MIDI port allows for a direct transmission of MIDI data over MADI.
• 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
• 2.5 Gbps line speed
• Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
• All settings changeable in real-time
• Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
• Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, word clock, internal
• Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
• Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
• Sample rate range: MADI: 32 kHz - 96 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz
• Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
• Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
• Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
• Input MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
• Output MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC), stereo analog line/phones
• Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination
• Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
• MIDI input and output: via four 5-pin DIN jacks